2019 14 Year – Hike
Panther Creek Trail (GPS Coordinates 34.698950, -83.419967)
Length: 7 miles (round trip)
The Panther Creek Trail follows Panther Creek through stands of white pine and hemlock along the steep, rocky bluffs of the creek. Passing a series of roaring cascades cut through solid rock, the treadway culminates in a waterfall at Panther Creek’s junction with Davidson Creek.
Below is a loose itinerary. We’ll take it easy and have fun. It is more important that each girl has a good experience on the hike than we stick to the schedule. For example if the girls want to spend more time at the falls. We’ll spend as much time as they like, but know that there are always trade offs.
Wednesday, May 29th
- 9:30 AM – Depart to trailhead
- 10:00 AM – Begin Hike
- 12:00 PM – Arrive at Falls – eat lunch and play in the water
- 1:00 PM – Hike Back
- 3:00 pm – Arrive back at camp
- Water – 2 Liter Minimum, last year each girl needed more water than they brought!
- Day pack to carry lunch and water in. A small backpack works great. String bags start to bite into your shoulders and get very uncomfortable
- Comfortable walking shoes that can get wet. We cross a lot of small streams and it is likely your feet will get wet.
Optional (in order of importance)
- First Aid & EpiPen (if allergic to bees or other insects)
- Bug Spray
- Water Shoes
- Rain Gear (check weather, we’ll know if this is needed or not)
- Swimsuit under clothes if you plan on swimming and getting wet.